24.8.09

Alexithymia

I absolutely love that song. And to think I didn`t know what it meant until today.
``Inability to describe emotions in a verbal manner``.
And i think that makes me love the song even more. It`s kinda that type of thing that everyone feels. You know, the feeling that you have, that you just can`t describe. When you`re sad - but for no reason? Or when you're happy just because, well, you're happy? - haha, I had no clue that a word for that even existed. So now, when your friends ask how you're feeling, and you have no clue what you're feeling, just tell them you're feeling "Alexithymic". Actually, at the moment - I am feeling quite alexithymic. Besides the whole parent-annoyance thing.
Ah well - music makes me feel better.

Music - is amazing. Without it, not just me - but so many people, would be at a loss. You can always find music to match your feelings. It can make you feel better, or it can help you rant. Currently - I've been addicted to three bands for at least 1 year and a half - if not more. Relient K, Anberlin, Switchfoot. <3 Love. Check them out. They're ahmazing.
Two other bands that have really peaked my interest are Article One and Thousand Foot Krutch. Article One is a pop-rock type band from London that got signed in 2007-ish by InPoP records. - and i saw them in concert this summer - which, noting, that they were great. The whole band is really, really nice too :) Just saying, you know you're addicted to a band when you listen to one song, 170-ish times in two-three-ish days. :P That song, was, Without You (It's Not Alright). Listen to it.
Thousand Foot Krutch - is a more, screamo-ish type band. They are also, AWESOME live. And very, very, catchy. Check out their new album, Welcome To The Masquarade coming out September 1st.

Matt Thiessen, Stephen Christian, and Jon Foreman have, by far, though, written some of my favorite songs. Stephen Christian - is the one who wrote the song Alexithymia, which is on their album Cities.

Yes- for Stephen Christian's writing skills :). Mentioning that- he writes some of the greatest songs i know - along with one of the greatest blogs. Check out Anberlin - and check out modesty.blogspot.com . It's way better than mine, promise. :) I mean, i just spent the last 40 minutes with my friend trying to figure out twitter and blogspot names. And let's just say that blogspot and twitter didn't like any of the names. The thing is, the people that have them - haven't touched their blog for 5 years?

Heh, anyways- if you've made it this far - and even discovered my blog, I congratulate you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment